Saturday, January 29, 2011

Race For the Cure 2011


Aye...so hard this year! Lily, Lisa, April and I ran in memory of Kelly Gourley, my good friend who passed away in November. In previous years Lisa and I would do the run and then do the walk with Kelly, celebrating the fact that she had been cancer free for several years. This year was our first time at the event without her and it was really difficult. She was an amazing person and I was honored to run in her memory, we are rejoicing that she is completely healed now in Heaven!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hi Sara,
Thanks for sharing your heart in this post and for telling me me more about your treasured friend, Kelly. Her story has most certainly inspired me thanks to you...
We have missed you guys so much this past week and just got home last night from a long but great trip. See you tomorrow!
Love,
Robin